Daniel is the Owner/Operator of Skylight. Through multiple assignments, he has assisted state, federal, carbon project developers, timber companies, NGOs and private natural resource management agencies throughout the United States. These have included the management and execution of several large-scale forest inventory projects in both rural and urban environments. Mr. August has the multidisciplinary background in field forestry and environmental assessments to meet the various demands of sectoral projects across the country. He has completed contracts as a prime in over 16 states as well as on international projects.
Daniel has lived and worked all over the United States including as a wilderness camp counselor in the Adirondacks of upstate New York. In fact, the name Skylight comes from a 46er High Peak in the Adirondacks.
After having spent the school year in a very contrasting environment, namely, Houston, Texas, Daniel realized the values of forests and natural places—not just for their timber purposes, but for their abundance of fresh air, clean water and recreation values—while spending summers in the Adirondacks.
He holds a BS in Environmental Science & Forestry from Warren Wilson College
- USFS Pacific Northwest Research Station Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Certified
- USFS Rocky Mountain Research Station Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Certified
- USFS Northern Research Station Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) and Urban Certified
- USFS Region 8 and Region 9 Qualified Cruiser
- California Air Resources Board (CARB) Verifier in Training
Phone: (281) 630-0572